Fifty years ago, it was commonly accepted that once you started work at a good company, you would stay there for your entire career. Today, most people stay in one position no longer than two or three years, and it is normal to change careers several times during your working life.
However, most of us have never learned how to manage a job change, much less a transition to a completely new career. The Aspyrre career transition program takes you through the entire process:
- Figure out if you really want to change careers, or if a less dramatic change at work will give you what you need.
- Re-assess your skills, interests, and values to pull out what brings you the most joy and success.
- Gather information on new careers through research and information interviewing
- Choose a new target career and put together a transition strategy
- Re-evaluate your background, to pinpoint relevant accomplishments that relate directly to your new target position
- Re-write your resume
- Prepare for interviews and opportunities to make a pitch in a non-interview situation
- Network to find new opportunities
- Set up meetings, make pitches, refine your approach based on your results
- Choose a new position
- Assimilate into your new organization
- Re-develop your career plan based on your new situation
Usually we start with a complimentary telephone consultation, where we review your goals, current situation, and what you most want to get from your coaching experience. We will also determine together whether we are a good fit, and whether coaching is the right resource for you at this time. I will provide you with some initial recommendations, a general idea of pricing, and additional referrals or resources as needed. In some cases we may decide to follow up with a more in depth needs assessment to determine more specifically where to focus our work together.
To schedule a consultation, you may e-mail me using the contact form on this website, or call me at 949-495-1021.
Please plan to allow between 20 and 30 minutes for our conversation, and be in a private place where you feel free to talk candidly about your situation and needs. I look forward to getting to know you, and supporting you in your commitment to get to the next level!