Announcing – The Aspyrre Complete Career Transition Program
Do you feel trapped in your current career situation? If so, you are NOT alone.
Over the past ten years I have worked with hundreds of competent professionals who have found themselves stuck with no idea how to change the stressful and depressing situation they are in, and move to a career that is both fulfilling and financially viable.
Here are just a few examples of the most common situations people find themselves in. Do you see yourself in any of these?
- Working in a job that pays well, offers good benefits, and drains the life out of you every single day. But you can’t quit because you have financial obligations. You worry that doing something too different will force you to start all over again, which you simply can’t afford.
- In transition, laid off from a great job that paid well, and not finding anything close after months of trying. In danger of losing every ounce of self-esteem you have built up over the years, are now willing to take just about anything to be working again. The idea of finding a perfect fit feels like the impossible dream.
- Just graduated with a huge student loan to pay off and high hopes that the new degree will inspire employers to actively recruit you for a more prestigious job… but nothing is happening. And the idea that something should be happening, and that maybe your classmates are in on something you missed, is causing stress, pressure, and downright depression.
During my time working with clients in these and other tricky career conundrums, I’ve noticed the difference between those who stay stuck and those who break through can be found in four critical skills. These skills help you navigate the job market well and find several good opportunities. And THIS gives you the power of choice.
The skills may surprise you. They are:
- Asking good questions, and listening well to the responses. And then asking MORE questions…
- Being able to clearly articulate both verbally and in writing what you’d like to do next with your life, and why you think you’d be good at it.
- Confidently allowing other people to reject you, while holding on to your belief in yourself and your inherent value to the professional world.
- Developing a strong professional network, by building and consistently nurturing good relationships, and working on it every single day.
Just these four basic skills, executed consistently and well within the structure of a plan, over the course of four to nine months, can move you from stuck and depressed with no good choices, to confident and engaged, with several choices.
When you have three or four opportunities, all great fits, for YOU to choose from, suddenly everything changes. You get your self-esteem back, you remember what’s possible, and you make a decision in support of the life YOU really want.
The skills are not difficult to master, but there is one more key factor that few career transition programs address. While some clients eagerly apply the skills, practice them, and get results, others procrastinate, rationalize, and eventually convince themselves that it’s not possible for them to make a change. This is because being in transition eats away at your confidence, drains your energy, and plagues you with self-doubt.
I’ve learned that successful career transition starts with knowing the steps and learning the skills required to perform those steps well. But even more important is coming to terms with the fear that other people wont value what you have to offer, and overcoming the tendency to hide rather than risk talking about yourself and getting rejected.
This is why we’ll be together for 16 weeks. Every single week we will address what gets in the way of getting out there, and provide you with tools, techniques, and support, so that you can stay motivated, strong and confident, and master the skills that will bring you success.
The Aspyrre Complete Career Transition program is a four month series of classes that walks you through every part of the career transition process step by step. For each step you’ll learn the key skills for success, and you will have the opportunity to practice and come back to the class to share your experiences and your results.
But even more important, we will create a safe environment where you can master these skills at your own pace. We’ll provide tips and tools for dealing with fear, lack of motivation, and procrastination head on, so you’ll leave with more than good information; you’ll learn how to identify and overcome your personal obstacles, so you can turn this great information into real success.
Here is just a brief overview of what you will learn:
Discovering Work you Love:
- How to identify your key strengths
- What “finding your passion” is all about: what it feels like, what it ISN’T, and how to find yours
- How to write a list of key job parameters that define your ideal job
- How to do external career research to find out what kind of jobs might match your parameters
- How to find out what isn’t written anywhere about the jobs you are targeting
- How to find the right people and the willing people to talk to and network with
- How to information interview correctly so that you are actually getting valuable information instead of having an awkward conversation that goes nowhere
- How to be efficient and productive in your career research, so you can get what you need and move on to executing your plan
- The consequences of skipping career research
- How to analyze the information you get from your research in order to best position yourself for your target job
- How resumes are looked at in various situations; what gets seen and what gets ignored
- How to develop a template based on your target job profile to make your resume more relevant
- How to structure and order the content of your resume so that what is most important gets seen immediately
- How to use accomplishment statements to bring your resume to life
- How to reduce the word content so that your resume can be read easily
- What to include and leave out and why
- Top networking mistakes people make, and why they don’t yield results
- How to develop a strong network that serves you long term
- How to approach people in your network without appearing needy or like you just want to use them
- How to interact at a networking event in a comfortable and confident manner
- How to develop a networking strategy that feels comfortable and authentic, so you can enjoy the process
Job Search Strategy:
- How to identify target companies
- How to market yourself proactively so you can get control of your job search
- What a pipeline interview is and how to use it to create opportunities for yourself that are not advertised
- What to do when you aren’t getting results
Preparing for an Interview:
- The differences between a job interview, an informational interview, a pipeline interview, and a networking meeting, and how to prepare differently for each
- What Behavioral Interviewing is and how to prepare for one
- How to prepare so you have good interview responses, even if you don’t know what you’ll be asked
- How to deal with tricky interview questions, such as “what are your weaknesses?”
- What questions you should be asking your interviewer
- How to follow up after an interview
Managing your Emotions during Transition:
- Why people procrastinate and how to overcome it
- How to deal with rejection and fear without letting it paralyze you or drain you of your self-confidence
- How to structure your time so you stay energized and motivated
Besides learning the concepts, you will have the opportunity to work with other participants. Studies show that retention rates more than triple when students practice what they learn within a few days of the class. With consistent practice and discussion of results, you will not only understand the critical skills by the end of the four month period, but you should be comfortable using them.
Another advantage of group work is the opportunity to have other participants reflect back what they see in you in terms of your strengths and what makes you unique – often what you most take for granted about yourself.
This program was developed from more than ten years of work with clients in transition, and it is designed to provide you with the optimal learning and support experience, to give you the best chance of mastering AND getting comfortable with the critical keys to career transition success.
What I want for you is to leave the program with a skill set that you can use for the rest of your life, any time you begin to worry that your career is not working out for you, or needs to move to a new level.
I hope you choose to join us!
Class Times / Dates:
- 16 weekly teleclasses, from January 25th to May 10th
- Tuesdays, 11:30am to 12:30pm pacific time
- Call – in Information will be provided upon registration
- All classes will be recorded, so you can listen to anything you miss, or review classes as many times as you want.
- For students who want / need in person interaction, opportunities will be available to meet in person, but this is not mandatory or necessary
- $175 per month for four months
- To Register, CLICK HERE:
NOTE: REGSITRATION FOR THIS PROGRAM IS CURRENTLY CLOSED, BUT PLEASE SEND ME AN E-MAIL IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO GET ON THE WAITING LIST AND WE WILL START THE NEXT ONE AS SOON AS WE GET ENOUGH PEOPLE. USE THE CONTACT FORM TO SEND ME AN E-MAIL BY CLICKING HERE.
Workbook / Other Class Details:
- You will receive a complete program workbook upon registering for the class
- You will receive call -in instructions upon registering for the class
- You may purchase this program as a gift; just contact me for details